Thursday, May 31, 2012

Zucchini Bread

Recipe modified, original recipe from joyofbaking.com

Warning: this zucchini bread is ridiculously good! I usually make my husband banana bread or some sort of loaf for him to bring with him in his lunches and I decided to give this recipe a try. It was a bad idea though, because I'm sure I ate half of it myself! I couldn't help it, I think this is the best zucchini bread I've ever had. Maybe it was the coconut. I don't know, but if you like baking, this recipe must be added to your recipe box!

What you'll need
1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
1 cup Granulated sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 cup Zucchini, grated (about 1 zucchini)
1/2 cup Apple, peeled and grated (about 1 small apple)
1/2 cup Pecans
1/2 cup Coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)

How to
1.  Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.

2.  In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.

3.  Using an electric mixer, beat the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until well blended, about 1-2 minutes. Using a spatula, stir in the zucchini and apple. Add to the dry mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in nuts and coconut.

4.  Pour batter into prepared pan and bake on centre rack until loaf has risen and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 55-65 minutes. Let cool on wire rack, remove from pan when no longer hot to touch. Let cool completely on wire rack.

No comments: