Sunday, April 13, 2014

Chai Spice Smoothie

Recipe adapted from Coco Jenalle.

I can't get enough of this smoothie! It makes me very happy. I feel like I am treating myself, but it's so good for you that I don't need to feel guilty about eating it! It really does taste like your drinking a frozen chai drink...almost like a Chai Frappuccino. Yum!

What you'll need
Spice Blend
2 tsp ground cardamom
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground black pepper

Smoothie
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup almond milk
1 frozen banana
1 heaping spoonful of almond butter
1 tsp chai spice
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 squirt of pure maple syrup

How to
1.  Combine all the spices in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container.

2.  Combine all smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!

No comments: